Enjoying an idyllic situation on the 33,000-acre Douglas Estate, surrounded by open countryside and panoramic views, these three attached holiday cottages, set within a courtyard, have been renovated and furnished to a 5 star standard and provide excellent accommodation from which to explore the surrounding areas. Countryside walks are available direct from the door, and the Southern Upland Way, Scotland’s coast to coast long distance walk, runs close by. It is an ideal base for hill walking, fishing, wildlife and bird-watching, sightseeing or one of the many country estate pursuits available locally. Nearby Biggar has an array of specialist shops, pubs, eateries, Victorian-style puppet theatre, museums, boating and paddling pools, tennis courts and the famous Hogmanay bonfire and street party. Within easy reach are the cities of Edinburgh, with Scotland’s most famous castle dominating the city skyline, world-class museums, galleries, restaurants and bars, and Glasgow, a vibrant bustling city and home to the Scottish Ballet and Scottish Opera. Shops 7 miles, pub 2 miles.
Large living room with wood-burning stove and oak floor. Large well-equipped kitchen with tiled floor. Double bedroom with TV. Shower room with toilet and tiled floor. First floor: Two double bedrooms, each with 6ft zip & link bed; one with fully tiled en-suite shower room and toilet. Fully tiled bathroom with toilet.
- Wood-burning stove - initial fuel included
- Electricity, eco-friendly biomass district central heating, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included
- Two digital TVs
- Shared, landscaped courtyard garden, each cottage with separate seating area with furniture
- Set in natural woodland and surrounded by rolling countryside in 33,000-acre estate
- Parking (for 2 cars)
- Natural spring water supply
- No smoking
- Ground floor facilities
- NB: Small unfenced stream in woodland